Coastal Ghana

Coastal Ghana
A View of Coastal Ghana

Thursday, July 15, 2010

An Introduction: Excerpt from my Application to TEA-IREX

When I first learned about the TEA-IREX program, I immediately made the decision to apply. Always on the lookout for professional development opportunities, I was especially intrigued. The possibility of working collaboratively with social studies educators from around the globe for the collective purpose of sharing ideas, developing global curricular approaches and potentially building long-term cross-cultural and intra-school relationships is at the heart of my interest. Moreover, when I discovered that possible exchange sites included the African countries of Ghana and Senegal, I was even more inspired to become a part of this program. I am deeply hopeful to establish professional relationships with African educators in order to better inform my own curriculum as an African Studies teacher and potentially develop opportunities for student-to-student, cross-cultural exchanges for the young people whom I teach.

No comments: